Image Source: Pixabay.com
All dogs love a delicious treat every once in a while. So instead of running off to the store to buy a commercially prepared treat, why not try one of these easy, lip-smacking dog treat recipes to please your buddy!
- Dog Bone TreatIngredients:• Whole wheat flour- 2 cups• Peanut Butter-1 cup• Baking powder-1 tablespoon• Skim milk-1 cupCombine the flour with the baking powder. Take another bowl to mix the milk and peanut butter. This needs to be added to the flour mix. Make a smooth dough by kneading the mix and roll into a sheet (one-fourth inch in thickness). Use cookie cutters to create bone shape cookies and make for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cottage Cheese BiscuitsIngredients:• Cottage cheese- 2/3rd cup• Egg yolk-1• Flaxseed-6 teaspoons• Oatmeal-2 cups• Milk-6 teaspoonsPreheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all the ingredients to create small balls. Put the balls on a baking sheet (parchment lined). Bake for about 30 minutes or till you see a golden brown color on the edges. Place on a rack and allow them to cool completely. The cottage cheese biscuit treat is ready!
- Frozen PopsiclesIngredients:• Peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)-1/4th cup• Ripe banana-1• Unsweetened almond milk-1 or 2 teaspoons• Plain yogurt-1/2 cup (replace with Greek yogurt if preferred)Mix all the ingredients to a smooth consistency using a blender. Pour this mix into small bowls or an ice cube tray/s. Allow to set in the freezer till absolutely solid. Take out from the freezer five to ten minutes prior to serving.
- Bacon-flavored cookiesIngredients:• Eggs-2• Melted bacon fat-10 tablespoons• Whole wheat flour-5 cups• Milk-1 cup• Water-1/2 cup• Salt-1 teaspoonSet the oven to preheat at 175 degrees C (250 degrees F). Spray the cookie sheet with some butter. Take a large bowl to beat the eggs. Slowly stir in water, milk, bacon fat and salt. Blend till the mixture forms a smooth consistency. Now stir in the flour. This will help stiffen the dough. After pinching off the dough pieces, roll into small 2-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet. Put the tray into the oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on a rack. Keep in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- Apple Caramel Cheesecake SmoothieIngredients:• Chard-1.5 ounces• Banana-1• Chopped red apple-1• Soaked almonds/cashews (optional)-1/4 cup• Ice-1 cup• Water-1 cupPut all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth!