Image Source: Pixabay.com/
Golden retrievers are complete bundles of joy. They are always excited to see you even if you have gone out of your house of just 5 minutes. Here are 10 things only an owner of a golden retriever can relate to.
- A fine replacement for a broomAnyone who has a golden retriever will confirm this statement. They love all kinds food and pretty much anything that will fit into their mouth, be it towels, socks, toys, or tissues. You don’t have to bother sweeping up food that you dropped by accident. By the time you count to 10, they would have helped you clean the mess even if you didn’t ask for it.
- There is nothing such as too much attention or loveThey are quick to establish the fact that they constantly need your attention and love. No matter how long you pat them or acknowledge them, they will always ask you for more. Even if you try to be resilient, they win you over with their adorable puppy eyes.
- Extremely patient with every other living beingIf you have seen videos of golden retrievers, you will understand how patient they really are. It doesn’t matter if it’s a baby or a chicken or a puppy or a bird, they will fall in love with them and be as patient as possible with them.
- They prefer your sofa rather than their bedDo you love sitting on a particular sofa in your house? A golden retriever shares your enthusiasm and is ready to pounce on the furniture at any given opportunity. Even if you are against it, they will take over your furniture and convince you that its okay if they are on it with their cute looks.
- They love all forms of water except bath waterPuddles, pools, sprinklers, hoses and the sea are their favorite places to go for a dip. They love spending as much time as possible with them and make the most out of it. However, when it comes to giving them a bath, they suddenly believe that water is the most horrible thing on the planet.
- Perfect companions for adventure tripsGolden retrievers love going outdoors. Long walks, treks, camping, and hiking are their favorite activities. They are filled with energy and are always ready for the next challenge.
- Living with golden fur is normalA golden retriever will accessorize and add a personal touch to all your clothes and furniture with their golden fur. No matter where you are, you can never escape their golden fur.
- Fetching items is their favorite past timeTrue to their name, golden retrievers love to play fetch. A ball or a stick or even a prey you hunted, will be at your feet even before you know it.
- There is no such thing as sadnessNo matter what time of the day it is or how their day might be going, they will always greet you with happiness and a smile on their face.
- It’s extremely easy to train themFood is their ultimate weakness and they might be mischievous, but when it comes to listening to their owner, no one is more obedient.
Cute, cuddly, sweet, and smart are a few words that can describe the characteristics of a Golden Retriever.