At a Glance
Broad spectrum oral antibiotic
Prescribed to treat many common bacterial infections in dogs and cats
For use with urinary tract, skin, and respiratory tract infections
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Viceton (Chloramphenicol) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Viceton tablets are indicated for treatment of the folowing conditions in dogs caused by chloramphenicol susceptible microorganisms: Bacterial gastroenteritis associated with bacterial diarrhea, bacterial pulmonary infections, and bacterial infections of the urinary tract.
Side Effects and Warnings
Chloramphenicol may interact with: aminoglycosides, amoxicillin, clindamycin, cyclophosphamide, erythromycin, lincomycin, penicillins, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, rifampin, streptomycin, and tylosin. This medication may interfere with vaccinations.
People should not take this product. It is banned by the FDA for use in humans (and food animals). Wash hands after handling this medication or consider wearing gloves.
Pet owners allergic to Chloramphenicol and/or other antibiotics should avoid handling this drug. Children and pregnant women should not handle Chloramphenicol. Avoid inhaling the powder if you crush tablets.
While your pet is undergoing treatment, wear gloves to clean up vomit, urine and feces and place all waste in a plastic bag in the trash.
Generally effective in three to five days. Development of resistance rare as compared to other antibiotics.
1gm per pill
Store in tight, light resistant, childproof containers in a dry place at room temperature away from heat and direct sunlight.
Use as directed By veterinarian.
May be given on a full or empty stomach with or without food. Crushing tablets and hiding them in your pet's food may not be effective. Hand-pilling is the most effective dosing option. After giving the medication to your pet, watch it closely to ensure the entire dose was consumed.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Handy carry strap
- Great for outdoor trips
- Treats a variety of infections
- Safe for all cats and dogs, including kittens and puppies
- Easy to administer
- Strong, safe natural rubber
- Ridges stimulate gums and clean teeth
- Easy to clean
- Good for solitary or interactive play
- Assorted sizes for diverse dog types
Asthma & Respiratory
In stock! Order now!
As a Treatment Plan member, enjoy the following benefits and typically save $300-$400 per year
- All of your pet prescriptions at our cost
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price