At a Glance
Anti-inflammatory ointment for dogs and cats.
Therapeutic treatment for animals
Medicated to reduce pain for pets
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
The TriTop Ointment can be used as a short-term or long-term therapy treatment for external conditions such as inflammation of the outer ear or mucous membranes. This medicated ointment is also effective for healing minor cuts, scratches, superficial wounds and incisions after surgical procedures on dogs and cats.
The TriTop Ointment has also been found to be effective when used as a therapeutic treatment for abrasions of the ears and skin that are often caused by steroid responsive dermatoses, which inflicts disease on certain animals. This potent creamy ointment contains an added anesthetic that helps to reduce pain when applied to affected areas, as well as a strong anti-inflammatory agent that reduces the swelling often followed after an injury. Additionally, the TriTop Ointment is a strong medicated ointment that can reduce the risk of serious infections in dogs and cats.
Side Effects and Warnings
Hypersensitivity or allergy to tetracaine or neomycin may occur. Clinical and experimental data have demonstrated that corticosteroids administered orally or by injection to animals may induce the first stage of parturition if used during the last trimester of pregnancy and may precipitate premature parturition followed by dystocia, fetal death, retained placenta and metritis.
Additionally, corticosteroids administered to dogs, rabbits, and rodents during pregnancy have resulted in cleft palate in offspring. Corticosteroids administered to dogs during pregnancy have also resulted in other congenital anomalies, including deformed forelegs, phocomelia, and anasarca.
Store at controlled room temperature 68° to 77°F (20° to 25°C).
Use as directed by veterinarian.
Before instilling any medication into the ear, examine the external ear canal thoroughly to be certain the tympanic membrane is not ruptured in order to avoid the possibility of transmitting infection to the middle ear as well as damaging the cochlea or vestibular apparatus from prolonged contact. If hearing or vestibular dysfunction is noted during the course of treatment discontinue use of TRITOP Topical Ointment.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1
Rated 5 out of 5 Tritop Ointment
Dog, Molly has an allergy problem that effects her ears and she has an anal gland problem that I guess could be related.?
Tritop used for just a few days clears up the problems on either end. It appears to be painless and she wants to have it applied when she is having a problem. It's the only thing that I've found that helps her anal gland problem.
January 16, 2005
Arthritis & Pain
The TriTop Ointment is an inflammatory ointment that can be used for a variety of treatments. This potent medicated ointment is recommended by Veterinarians for treatment to external injuries on animals.
In stock! Order now!
As a Treatment Plan member, enjoy the following benefits and typically save $300-$400 per year
- All of your pet prescriptions at our cost
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price