At a Glance
Oral thyroid hormone medication
For dogs and occasionally cats
Can treat hypothyroidism
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Levothyroxine is an oral thyroid hormone medication used in dogs and cats to treat hypothyroidism or other thyroid conditions due to low circulating thyroid hormone. It usually needs to be given for the life of the animal. It is given to treat conditions associated with low circulating thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism). This is a common disease of middle aged and older pets (where the animal's thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone)
Cats don't often receive levothryoxine, but may be prescribed it for a short period to correct overtreatment of hyperthyroidism or if their thyroid gland was surgically removed.
Side Effects and Warnings
Administer with caution to animals with primary hypertension, euthyroidsim and clinically diagnosed heart disease. Use in pregnant bitches has not been evaluated. Protect from light and do not store above 40°C (104°F ). Keep out of reach of children.
1mg per tablet
The initial recommended daily dose is 0.1 mg/10 lbs body weight. Dosage is then adjusted by monitoring the T-4 blood levels of the dog every four weeks until an adequate maintenance dose is established.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price