In stock! Order now!
At a Glance
Oral thyroid hormone medication
For dogs and occasionally cats
Can treat hypothyroidism
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
You're saving off retail price
Levothyroxine is an oral thyroid hormone medication used in dogs and cats to treat hypothyroidism or other thyroid conditions due to low circulating thyroid hormone. It usually needs to be given for the life of the animal. It is given to treat conditions associated with low circulating thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism). This is a common disease of middle aged and older pets (where the animal's thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone)
Cats don't often receive levothryoxine, but may be prescribed it for a short period to correct overtreatment of hyperthyroidism or if their thyroid gland was surgically removed.
Side Effects and Warnings
Administer with caution to animals with primary hypertension, euthyroidsim and clinically diagnosed heart disease. Use in pregnant bitches has not been evaluated. Protect from light and do not store above 40°C (104°F ). Keep out of reach of children.
1mg per tablet
The initial recommended daily dose is 0.1 mg/10 lbs body weight. Dosage is then adjusted by monitoring the T-4 blood levels of the dog every four weeks until an adequate maintenance dose is established.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Safe and effective
- Works to relieve arthritis pain
- Usually leads to improvement within few days
- Promotes healthy recovery from a myriad of conditions
- Treats serious cases of bronchial and diseases in the lungs, intestines, spinal cord, brain and blood.
- Provides relief in emergency anaphylactic reactions, spine trauma, and shock
- Helps relax the respiratory system and clear mucus build up
- Helps strengthen the diaphragm
- Effective and affordable