At a Glance
Helps relax the respiratory system and clear mucus build up
Helps strengthen the diaphragm
Effective and affordable
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Theophylline is a widely used, effective bronchodilator that can be prescribed by your veterinarian. This medication treats a variety of pulmonary disorders and may also be used to treat heart disease in animals. This medication works to open and relax airways in a variety of ways. Constricted airways and mucus build up are two of the main culprits behind difficult breathing.
Theophylline aids in relaxing the muscles surrounding the airway so that breathing becomes less difficult. It also increases the movement of cilia in the airway, which helps clear out mucus. This medication is also helpful in strengthening the diaphragm to aid your pet in combating such constrictions in the future and contains caffeine, which acts to stimulate your pet's central nervous system.
Theophylline is the Generic Alternative to Theolair.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects when using theophylline include vomiting, central nervous system excitement, fever, rash and palpitations. Side effects usually subside with dosage adjustments and/or continued therapy. Theophylline should not be used in patients allergic to this class of medication. Do not use in pregnant or lactating animals.
Theophylline should be used with caution in patients with severe heart disease, liver or kidney disease, hyperthyroidism, hypertension or stomach ulcers.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
Extended Release, 100mg per tablet
Extended Release, 200mg per tablet
Extended Release, 300mg per tablet
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat and light.
Theophylline is administered orally as a tablet, capsule, or syrup. It usually is taken every 6, 8, 12, or 24 hours. The tablets must be swallowed whole, and must be taken on an empty stomach. Follow the dosage size prescribed by your veterinarian.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Asthma & Respiratory
Theophylline is an effective, easy-to-use prescription bronchodilator for use in the treatment of various airway constrictions, including asthma, allergies, and other pulmonary disorders. Theophylline works to clear passages to your pets' lungs and keep them healthy.
In stock! Order now!
As a Treatment Plan member, enjoy the following benefits and typically save $300-$400 per year
- All of your pet prescriptions at our cost
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price