At a Glance
Treats hyperthyroidism in cats
Used as pre-thyroid surgery treatment
Generic Alternative is Methimazole
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects are extremely rare (under 5%) but can be dangerous. Contact a veterinarian if your pet exhibits a sore throat or excessive bleeding. Liver failure has also been reported in rare cases. Other side effects include lack of appetite, vomiting, rash, hives, itching, edema and drowsiness.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
10mg per tablet
5mg per tablet
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Give this medication as prescribed by your pet's veterinarian. This drug can be given with or without food, but be sure to allow your cat plenty of drinking water.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1
Rated 4 out of 5 by sherri32 Definitely worked better than generic in this case
My cat was on the generic of Methimazole for a few years, and it was fine, but then his thyroid began to get worse, and the doctor wanted me to try a different brand before increasing his dose, as he found that sometimes other generics work better than others. We tried another generic from his office, and it still didn't help, so I took it upon myself to try Tapazole instead, and his numbers went from 7 something to 2 something in just a few days of use. I don't know what these numbers mean, but I do know that he is now in normal range, and it was a big difference. the downside is that this one is extremely expensive, however I happen to have pet insurance so most of my cost is covered, and I always take advantage of any points or coupons I have for petcarerx. If you do not have insurance and cannot afford the difference in cost, make sure you are getting your pet tested periodically and you may need to use a higher dose.
March 24, 2013
Tapazole is a prescription medication for treating hyperthyroidism in cats. Speak with your veterinarian for more information, as blood tests are required in order to find out the correct dosage for your pet.
In stock! Order now!
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price