At a Glance
Acts as both an effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent
Fights inflammatory bowel disease and colitis
Relieves symptoms such as pain and diarrhea
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
IBS can be a painful and frustrating disease. It's a condition in which the stomach and/or intestine is chronically infiltrated by inflammatory cells. Luckily, there's help for your pet and for you. Sulfasalazine acts as both an effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. It aids in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and colitis. Talk to your veterinarian about Sulfasalazine to find out if it's right for your pet.
Silfasalazine is the Generic Alternative to Azulfidine.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects of sulfasalazine may include KCS (dry eye) with long-term use. Other side effects that may occur include jaundice, hemolytic anemia, vomiting, and allergic dermatitis.
Sulfasalazine may have adverse interactions with other drugs. Talk to your veterinarian or pharmacist before giving your pet other medications.
500mg per tablet
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Use as directed by your veterinarian. Allow plenty of water for your pet to drink.
The usual dose for dogs is 10-15mg/pound every 8 hours. The usual dose in cats is 5-10mg/pound given once a day.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Relieves pressure in your pet's eyes
- Treats open-angle glaucoma and secondary glaucoma
- Dropper for easy administration
- Used to treat or prevent constipation
- Reduces pain or rectal damage caused by hard stools
- Ready-to-use disposable syringe
- Antimicrobial antibiotic for dogs, cats, and horses
- Treatment for tetanus, liver disease, Giardia, Entamoeba, Balantidium, Trichomonas, and oral infections
- Also works topically to treat skin infections
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price