At a Glance
Creates a protective seal around ulcers
Prevents new ulcers from forming
Recommended by most veterinarians
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Sucralfate is a gastro-protectant medication designed to battle painful ulcers that can develop in the mouth, throat, esophagus, and intestines of cats and dogs due to many conditions (ex. Cancer and kidney or liver failure). It stops further damage to ulcers, by working together with hydrochloric acid, also known as stomach acid, to create a coating that surrounds the ulcer, and stops ulcers from being further damaged by acids and enzymes that are naturally produced in dogs and cats. Sucralfate also works as a preventive mechanism against ulcers by plugging up any holes in the linings of the esophagus and intestine before ulcers can form, and also stimulates mucus production to absorb the bile acids that can create ulcers. Sucralfate is like a bandage that you can put around your pets ulcers to help them heal and prevent further damage.
Sucralfate is the Generic Alternative to Carafate.
Side Effects and Warnings
Sucralfate has not been extensively tested in animals. Stop treatment immediately if allergic reaction occurs. Talk to your veterinarian about any other symptoms.
1gm per pill
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and light.
Sucralfate should be given on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after food. Crush the tablet for better absorption.
Follow your veterinarian's directions for dosage.
Dogs/Puppies: 1/2 to 1 tablet by mouth 3 times a day
Cats/Kittens: 1/4 to 1/2 tablet by mouth every 8 to 12 hours
Horses: 4.5 mg to 9 mg per pound every 6 to 8 hours
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
When acids and enzymes create painful ulcers in your pet's mouth and stomach, fight back with the antiulcer medication, Sucralfate. Sucralfate not only helps to heal ulcers that have already formed, it also works to prevent new ones from forming.
In stock! Order now!
based on 4
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price