At a Glance
Soloxine treats hypothyroidism in dogs
Regulates energy and metabolism
Easy to administer
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Sorry, this product is not currently available.
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Soloxine is a prescription medication intended for the treatment of hypothyroidism in dogs, and also in cats who have had their thyroid removed. Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormone to maintain a healthy metabolism and energy level.
Soloxine is an effective alternative to Thyro-Tabs.
The ingredient in Soloxine called Levothyroxine sodium is a synthetic hormone that mimics the natural hormone produced by the thyroid, providing effective hormone replacement therapy. Hypothyroidism typically affects middle aged to older dogs.
Side Effects and Warnings
Do not give your pet Soloxine if your pet has had adrenal gland problems, anemia, diabetes, heart disease, problems with the pituitary gland, or thyrotoxicosis.
Sucralfate (Carafate), or aluminum antacids (Maalox, Mylanta), must be given 4 hours prior, or 4 hours after administering Soloxine, if necessary.
0.1mg per tablet
0.2mg per tablet
0.3mg per tablet
0.4mg per tablet
0.5mg per tablet
0.6mg per tablet
0.7mg per tablet
0.8mg per tablet
1.0mg per tablet
Store Soloxine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Administer Soloxine to the exact specifications prescribed by your veterinarian. The initial recommended dose is 0.1 mg/10 pounds of body weight twice daily. Dosage should be adjusted by monitoring the thyroid blood levels of the dog every four weeks until an adequate maintenance dose is established. The usual maintenance dose is 0.1 mg/10 pounds once daily. Soloxine tablets may be administered orally or placed in your pet's food.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by 34
Rated 5 out of 5 by TB70 GREAT PRODUCT BUT NOT CARRIED ANY LONGER AT PET CARE RX
Product is great, however petcarerx has told me they no longer carry it. So now I have to find another pharmacy to fill my pets medicines.
April 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mznetta Soloxine 1.0
My dog has low thyroid as well as diabetes. This medication keeps thyroid levels stable and aid in managing glucose. Dog has put on weight loss from diabetes. Increased to normal appetite, lessened hair loss.
February 22, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Grammy quick & friendly service
I have been using PetCareRX for years and save a lot on items for my dog.
February 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Suncitydoglover great product plus a great price
This thyroid med is the same as what the vet prescribed and much cheaper through petcarerx.com
January 20, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by CMLMADDOG Seems to be working
Vet says his (chocolate lab) levels are getting better because of this med, so she recommends staying on it.
TREMENDOUSLY more affordable here than at the vet's office!
His weight doesn't seem to be fluctuating quite as much as it has done in the past
January 2, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by liatheanimallover24 I have been use this product for my dogs for a long time now!
I like because it's a good price compare to the vet!!!
December 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sheltiemom My dog's energy level is back to normal with soloxine
before my Sheltie Bitsy was diagnosed with low thyroid she just didn't seem to have the energy that she used to and stopped jumping up on the bed because it just seemed like it took too much effort. After only a few days on soloxine, Bitsy was acting more like herself again with plenty of energy to play, jump, etc. It's so easy to give Bitsy her soloxine by just putting the pill in a bit of peanut butter. She comes running and excited when I say. "Bitsy, do you want your peanut butter pill?"
December 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Momto3Dogs Works as it should
This little blue pill works wonders for our dogs. Right dosage to keep them active.
December 1, 2014
Soloxine is designed to treat hypothyroidism and other disorders that result in lowered thyroid production. It is available by veterinarian's prescription and is sold by the tablet.
based on 34
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price