At a Glance
FDA-approved for treating canine bacterial skin infections
Simple one-a-day dosing
Can be given with or without food
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Simplicef is an oral once-daily cephalosporin that's FDA approved for veterinary use in the treatment of canine skin infections. It's designed to be convenient and a good value if you have a large dog.
Cefpodoxime proxetil 100 mg
Cefpodoxime proxetil 200 mg
Side Effects and Warnings
Stop giving Simplicef and seek emergency veterinary medical care in the event of an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; hives; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; rash; or fainting), severe nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, mucus or blood in the stool, and unusual bleeding or bruising. Other, less serious side effects such as mild nausea, diarrhea, or yeast infection may be more likely to occur. Continue to give Simplicef and notify your veterinarian if these symptoms occur. Talk to your veterinarian about any side effect that seems unusual or bothersome to your pet.
Contact your veterinarian in the event of an allergic reaction (such as shortness of breath, hives, swelling, rash, fainting, vomiting, diarrhea, muous or blood in the stool, unusual bleeding, or bruising). Do not give Simplicef at the same time as antacids such as Maalox or other stomach acid-reducers, like Tagamet.
Available in 100 and 200 mg doses.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Should be given with food to increase absorption by the body.
Dogs (All weights): Give exactly as directed by your veterinarian. The usual dose of Simplicef in dogs is 2.3-4.5 mg/pound, given by mouth, once a day for 5 to 7 days or 2 to 3 days beyond the cessation of clinical signs, up to a maximum of 28 days.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price