At a Glance
Helps older dogs with behavioral problems associated with old age
Manages symptoms associated with Cushing’s Disease
Once a day dosage
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Selegiline is used to treat Canine Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome. It can also be used to treat symptoms associated with pituitary-dependent Cushing's Disease in dogs. Selegiline comes in easy-to-administer oral tablets with five different strengths.
Selegiline is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Usage of selegiline is meant to result in enhanced catecholaminergic nerve function and increased dopamine levels helping dogs with cognitive dysfunction caused by aging.
Side Effects and Warnings
Not meant for dogs with aggression issues.
Possibly side effects include:
Decreased appetite, drooling, vomiting and diarrhea, fatigue, confusion, restlessness, hearing loss, trembling, itching, hair loss, anemia (pale gums). Repetitive behaviors (ex. walking in circles, obsessive interest in something). If your dog suffers an allergic reaction such as hives, swelling of lips, tongue or face or difficulty breathing seek immediate emergency veterinary medical attention and discontinue dosages. Other less serious side effects may occur such as nausea or upset stomach, diarrhea or headache. If these, or any other side effects seem unusualy or bothersome to your animal talk to your veterinarian.
Possible interactions may occur with ephedrine or other MAOI's. Discontinue selegiline at least 14 days prior to starting treatment with some narcotic pain killers (ex. Demerol), phenylpropanolamine, SSRI's (ex. fluoxetine) and tricyclic antidepressants (ex. amitriptyline). Some narcotic pain killers (ex. Demerol), phenypropanolamine, SSRI's (ex. fluoxetine) and tricyclic antidepressants (ex. amitriptyline) should not be used within 5 weeks of administering selegiline.
If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
5mg, Per Tablet
5mg, Per Capsule
Store in a cool, dry place.
Give your dog the recommended dosage (typically one pill) every morning.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Epilepsy & Neural Health
Selegiline is a medicine used to help manage some of those aliments that can occur as dogs get older. It's included in regiments to treat Parkinson's disease, senility, and Cushing's disease.
In stock! Order now!
based on 14
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price