At a Glance
Promotes healthy recovery from a myriad of conditions
Treats serious cases of bronchial and diseases in the lungs, intestines, spinal cord, brain and blood.
Provides relief in emergency anaphylactic reactions, spine trauma, and shock
Prednisone / Prednisolone
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Allergy season is just as much a threat to animals as it is to humans. If your dog or cat is experiencing itching, hair loss, skin irritation, or more serious symptoms such as spinal trauma or bronchial lung disease, Prednisone can help.
Prednisone has been proven to combat the natural effects of allergens by treating the symptoms of low corticosteroid levels in animals whose bodies are producing below normal levels. Prednisone can be used alone or with other medications. It has been known to promote healthy recovery from multiple conditions including eczema, dermatitis, allergic reactions, inflammatory eye conditions, otitis externa, arthritis and bursitis, ulcerative colitis and nephrosis.
Side Effects and Warnings
Short term use rarely causes side effects. However, more frequent use can interfere with many of the body systems. Possible side effects include: weight gain, excessive panting, increased thirst, hunger and urination; vomiting and diarrhea. Cushing’s syndrome may manifest itself following prolonged or repeated steroid therapy. Prednisone may also mask the symptoms of developing disease, such as fever, since it suppresses the immune response.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
10mg per tablet
5mg per tablet
20mg per tablet
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
When administering medication to a pet, always follow the directions of your veterinarian.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 6
Rated 5 out of 5 by MBinGA Great service and price
This cold winter, my 17 year old cat had his first asthma attack in years after I did some dusting. The prednisone I had on hand was four years old. Pet Care Rx sent me a new batch of pills in record time. My boy is back to his old self.
February 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 Will always buy this
I have a white american bulldog who has bad skin allergies. The vet placed her on prednisone and now we buy it regularly for her. Works amazing!
August 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 Wonderful product
My dog was given this medication by the vet because she has skin allergies and was miserable from the itching. This medication has done wonders for my dog. The best thing about buying from PetCareRX is the fact that I can get the exact same medication for SO much less. Plus it is delivered to my door. What more can you ask for? I get 30 pills from here for $2.70 and I payed $25.65 for 30 pills from my vet. I can buy the medication for my dog for 8 months here for the same price as 1 month from the vet. I love PetCareRx and plan to continue buying all my pet care products from them.
August 23, 2008
Rated 5 out of 5 I will use you're service again
Your customer service was very helpful, order was processed fast. Thank you
August 2, 2008
Rated 5 out of 5 Prompt and cost effective service
An excellent and convenient way to order medications. CHEAPER than the vet's office. Simple to do and fast delivery, and great prices.
April 19, 2008
Rated 5 out of 5 predisone
I have been using this for my english setter(penny) for 5 years through my vet.She has bad allerdies and this is the only product that makes her stop chewing.When she chews she chews till she blleds and is raw all over. I had Penny spayed 3 years ago also.So there is no chance of her getting pregnant.
thank you*This is a prescription item
October 5, 2005
Asthma & Respiratory
Prednisone is an anti-inflammatory medication for your pet. It's a steroid that is administered orally for therapy and treatment of several different diseases. Prednisone will increase your pet's quality of life during therapy or treatment.
In stock! Order now!
based on 6
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price