At a Glance
Promotes healthy recovery from a myriad of conditions
Treats serious cases of bronchial and diseases in the lungs, intestines, spinal cord, brain and blood.
Provides relief in emergency anaphylactic reactions, spine trauma, and shock
Prednisone / Prednisolone
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Allergy season is just as much a threat to animals as it is to humans. If your dog or cat is experiencing itching, hair loss, skin irritation, or more serious symptoms such as spinal trauma or bronchial lung disease, Prednisone can help.
Prednisone has been proven to combat the natural effects of allergens by treating the symptoms of low corticosteroid levels in animals whose bodies are producing below normal levels. Prednisone can be used alone or with other medications. It has been known to promote healthy recovery from multiple conditions including eczema, dermatitis, allergic reactions, inflammatory eye conditions, otitis externa, arthritis and bursitis, ulcerative colitis and nephrosis.
Side Effects and Warnings
Short term use rarely causes side effects. However, more frequent use can interfere with many of the body systems. Possible side effects include: weight gain, excessive panting, increased thirst, hunger and urination; vomiting and diarrhea. Cushing’s syndrome may manifest itself following prolonged or repeated steroid therapy. Prednisone may also mask the symptoms of developing disease, such as fever, since it suppresses the immune response.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
10mg per tablet
5mg per tablet
20mg per tablet
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
When administering medication to a pet, always follow the directions of your veterinarian.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Asthma & Respiratory
Prednisone is an anti-inflammatory medication for your pet. It's a steroid that is administered orally for therapy and treatment of several different diseases. Prednisone will increase your pet's quality of life during therapy or treatment.
In stock! Order now!
based on 6
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price