At a Glance
Effectively treats allergy symptoms and inflammatory conditions
Also used to treat a range of auto-immune diseases and disorders
Suitable for dogs and cats
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Prednisolone is a prescription medication used to treat allergy and inflammatory conditions as well as a range of auto-immune diseases and disorders in pets. It is known to be effective in the treatment of diseases such as lupus or pemphigus, asthma and inhalant allergies (atopy), certain types of colitis, certain kidney diseases, cancers, autoimmune hemolytic anemias, brain swelling, and Addison's disease.
Prednisolone is the Generic Alternative to Orapred.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects are generally dependent on dosage, and the most common include increased appetite, thirst, and urination. Less common side effects may include panting, diarrhea, vomiting, restlessness, and behavioral changes. Long-term use may result in the side effects such as hair loss, muscle loss, weakness, the development of diabetes or hyperadrenocorticism, and the development or worsening of hypothyroidism or pancreatitis. Immune system suppression can occur at higher doses, making your pet more susceptible to infection. Contact your veterinarian if your pet has a fever or exhibits tiredness, sneezing, coughing, runny eyes, or painful urination. Stop giving the medication and seek emergency veterinary medical attention if your pet exhibits any of the following serious side effects: an allergic reaction, increased blood pressure, or sudden weight gain.
Contact your veterinarian if any side effects seem severe or distressing.
Tell your veterinarian about any existing diseases or conditions that your pet has. Do not give PredNISOLone to pets with systemic fungal infections, stomach ulcers, some types of mange, Cushing's disease, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, or kidney disease. Not for use in pregnant animals, as it may induce labor and cause birth defects. Use caution when giving to young or nursing animals as it may stunt growth.
Since Prednisolone affect the outcome of many laboratory tests, make sure your veterinarian knows your pet is taking it before any testing.
Talk to your veterinarian before using PredNISOLone with vitamins and supplements or any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Consult with your veterinarian if your pet will be using Prednisolone alongside insulin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, modified live vaccines, rifampin, cyclosporine, estrogens, erythromycin, or mitotane, amphotericin B, furosemide, or thiazide.
Tell your veterinarian about any other medications that your pet is taking.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
5mg per tablet
20mg per tablet
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Consult with a veterinarian before administering Prednisolone to your pet.
Typically, dosage varies according to both the weight of the pet and the reason for treatment.
For anti-inflammatory purposes, the recommended dosage size is 0.1 - 0.3 mg/lb, to be given twice daily; for treatments that require the suppression of the immune system, dosage size is 1-3 mg/lb, given up to three times a day for the duration of the treatment.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Asthma & Respiratory
Prednisolone is a pet medication that is used to treat allergies, inflammations, immune system and autoimmune disorders, and diseases in dogs and cats. Prednisolone is also used to help treat Addison's disease and adrenal gland disorder.
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price