At a Glance
Prednisolone Acetate offers effective treatment for infections of the conjunctiva and cornea, and other eye conditions, in cases where steroid use is deemed necessary
Aids in the healing of corneal injuries, whether from chemical, radiation, or thermal burns, or other causes
Easy squeeze bottle with controlled drop tip
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Prednisolone Acetate is used to treat common eye infections in dogs and cats, including mycobacterial or fungal infections. This product may also be used in eyes to aid the post-surgery healing process. Prednisolone Acetate is a corticosteroid, which means that among other things, it regulates inflammation which will help your pet’s eye(s) heal, as well as ease your pet’s comfort during the healing process.
Prednisolone acetate contains the active ingredient prednisolone acetate (microfine suspension)
1.0% Preservative: benzalkonium chloride.
Inactives: boric acid; edetate disodium; hypromellose; polysorbate 80; purified water; sodium bisulfite; sodium chloride; and sodium citrate.
Medication GuideAbout Prednisolone Acetate Eye Drops for Pets
Side Effects and Warnings
If overused, Prednisolone Acetate can have negative effects on your pet’s vision. Do not use Prednisolone Acetate if your pet has a bacterial, viral or fungal infection without also using proper anti-infective treatment. Tell your veterinarian if your pet is pregnant or lactating before giving them Prednisolone Acetate. Be sure to adhere closely to veterinarian prescription amounts. This medication isn’t typically prescribed for more than 10 days at a time.
Store Prednisolone Acetate at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep the bottle properly capped.
Prednisolone Acetate is available by prescription only and must be administered directly into a pet’s eye through a tapered nozzle tip. The veterinarian who prescribes the solution should dictate dosage; typical dosages may involve administering drops up to every hour or two until symptoms subside.
With clean hands, gently cradle your pet’s face, and encourage their face toward the ceiling. Using the control-drip nozzle, drip the recommended dosage into the affected eye(s). Point the tip of the dropper away from your dog’s eye in case he jerks his head. For the first few minutes after administering the medication, don’t allow your pet to rub her face or wipe the drops out.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 6
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bandn Great price and fast turn-around.
I always worry when I need to send the paper prescription for my dogs eye drops that it will take a long time. The pharmacy turn-around time was very quick and delivery was fast. The price was the lowest I could find anywhere, half of what my vet was charging for the exact same medication.
August 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by indy This product has a great price
Our one dog had hereditary cataract surgery at only 5 months and has been on these eyes drops ever since. Your price is a great savings to us over what vets were charging!! Look forward to buying them from you for many more years!
July 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Highly Recommended
I have a 12 year old basset hound who has glaucoma, and with daily use of Prednisolone his eye pressure levels are well under control. Ask your Vet if this is right for your pet as well.
August 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 No More RED Eyes
My German Shepherd has Panis which is an eye condition that can cause blindness, this medication has worked great, he has no more RED eye. He will always have Panis however it is now under control.
March 17, 2010
Rated 5 out of 5 Very Helpful Product
Without this product our German Shepherd Dog has beet red eyes. With it, eyes are normal.
April 19, 2008
Rated 5 out of 5 Great medication
I have a 10 year old Pug with breathing problems due to fatty pockets on her throat...Prednisolone helps to keep her from getting an infection.*This is a prescription item
July 24, 2005
Arthritis & Pain
Prednisolone Acetate Ophthalmic 1% Suspension
Prednisolone Acetate Ophthalmic 1% Suspension is a topical solution containing an anti-inflammatory and immune suppressant formula specially made for eye infections. It is used to help control swelling, itching, and redness of the eyes and eyelids in cats and dogs.
In stock! Order now!
Prednisolone Acetate Ophthalmic 1% Suspension
based on 6
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price