At a Glance
Dog ear infection medicine
Treats both acute and chronic infections
Safe and effective
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Otomax prescription ointment is a dog ear infection medicine comprised of steroidal, antibacterial, and antifungal cream. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the outer ear, as well as acute and chronic ear infections that are associated with yeast and susceptible bacteria. Otomax works to effectively reduce inflammation and itchiness for your pet.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects may include loss of hearing or balance, thirst and urinating, increased appetite and weight gain, panting, diarrhea, vomiting, and behavioral changes. Immediately seek emergency care if pet experiences signs of allergic reaction, which may include facial swelling, hives, scratching, a sudden onset of diarrhea, vomiting, shock, seizures, pale gums, cold limbs, or coma, delayed wound healing and immuno-suppression resulting in an increased risk of bacterial or fungal infections.
Do not administer other corticosteroids during treatment with this medication unless prescribed by your veterinarian. Do not use in combination with other similar antibiotics, such as neomycin. Prevent ingestion of the medication. If ingested at high doses or for extended periods, corticosteroids can cause premature birth.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Follow exact specifications prescribed by your veterinarian.
Make sure the external ear canal is thoroughly cleaned and dried before treatment.
Dogs weighing less than 30 pounds - 4 drops into the ear canal twice daily
Dogs weighing 30 pounds or more - 8 drops into the ear canal twice daily
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ezebella Medicine
Thank you for having this product on your website for my dogs ears.
March 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rosebutton All-around excellent product for ear problem in dogs.
Our 4-year old American Bulldog has had ear problems since he was a puppy. Constantly shaking his head and trying to scratch and rub on the carpet. Our Vet prescribed Otomax a few years ago and we now use it for maintenance on a regular basis and it works just fine for him. Ordering from PetCareRX allows us to purchase a larger quantity at a very reasonable price.
September 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mkenn Effective for ear infections
My dog suffers from chronic ear infections and this works well to cure them.
July 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 Otomax
This stuff is not only for ear infections, I use it for any kind of sores on my dogs paws or rashes such as hot spots my vet told me to use it also for that and it goes away in a day when I apply it to his paws I usually put a sock on for a bit till it dries so he dont lick it off, its really amazing I make sure I have some at all times.
August 30, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 Works great for labs
My lab, like many others, has ear problems. Scratching, shaking his head repeatedly, and whining because of the pain. One dose (very small squeeze in each ear) and his ears were great. Vet said to use it 10 days (once a day), plus rinse his ears and clean them once per week. I paid $170 at the vet for this information. Now you don't have to pay...just order this!
August 2, 2010
Rated 5 out of 5 Otomax
BEST FOR CRONIC EAR INFECTION MY LHASA WAS SUFFERING FOR A YEAR AND THIS WORKED!!! THANKS TO DR. BURCHMAN IN THE BRONX
July 13, 2010
Rated 5 out of 5 WISH I KNEW ABOUT IT EARLIER
OUR DOG IS 15 YRS OLD AND HAS A EAR INFECTION THAT CAUSES IT TO BLEED FREQUENTLY, SO AT NIGHT OUR DOG EDDIE (RAT TERRIER) MOANS AT NIGHT WITH DISCOMFORT. AFTER USING OTOMAX EDDIE IS MORE PEEPY AND ALIVE AND SLEEPS AT NIGHT LIKE A BABY....
June 7, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 Great product for Basset hounds!
This works so fast. One dose and my babies ears feel better. An amazing product.
April 18, 2009
Otomax Ointment is an easy-to-use dog ear infection medicine. The ointment combines steroidal, antibacterial, and antifungal medicines for maximum effectiveness in treating both chronic and acute canine ear infections.
In stock! Order now!
based on 16
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price