At a Glance
Treats certain cancers in dogs and cats
Also used in some immune mediated conditions
May help to reduce severity and spreading of the disease
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Leukeran is a prescription medication used to treat certain cancers in dogs and cats, such as lymphocytic leukemia, ovarian cancer, multiple myeloma, and lymphoma. It is also used in some immune mediated conditions. While Leukeran is not a cure, it may help to reduce the severity and spreading of these diseases.
Please note: Leukeran must be refrigerated and will be shipped overnight automatically.
Side Effects and Warnings
If your pet exhibits bruising, bleeding, infection, difficulty breathing, or low-energy, contact your veterinarian as these symptoms may be due to anemia or a bleeding disorder. Other side effects may include: low white blood cell count, low platelet count, damage to the gastrointestinal tract, bone marrow suppression, damage to the kidneys or liver, blood cell deficiency, lung disease, infertility in males, and hair loss in some breeds. Contact your veterinarian if you notice anything unusual.
Talk to your veterinarian and use with caution pregnant or young pets. Not for use in pets with pre-existing bone marrow suppression, already immune suppressed pets, or pets with chronic infections. Tell your veterinarian if your pet has experienced any medical diseases or conditions, digestive upset, or allergic reactions to Chlorambucil or similar products.
Tell your veterinarian about any other medications, vitamins, or supplements that your pet is taking. Possible drug interactions include: azathioprine, allopurinol, amphotericin B, colchicine, chloramphenicol, corticosteroids, and cyclophosphamide.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
2mg per pill
Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Keep out of reach of children.
Always follow the directions provided by your veterinarian.
This medication is administered by mouth. Wear gloves when handling this medication. As a cancer drug, the usual dose is once a day, once every other day, or every 2-3 weeks. As an immunosuppressant, the usual dose is once a day or once every other day.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Delicious salmon taste
- Makes pill taking a positive experience
- Mask the smell and taste of medicine
- Effective for treating allergies and inflammation
- Decreases swelling and pain caused by inflammatory conditions
- It can also be used to treat certain forms of arthritis
- Eases pain and improves overall joint health
- Comes in capsules that can be swallowed whole or added to the cat's food
- Formulated and flavored naturally with chicken and tuna specifically for cats
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price