At a Glance
Monthly medication that treats heartworm disease
Removes whipworm, roundworm, and hookworm
Artificial beef flavor makes it more appetizing
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects are rare, but can include depression, drowsiness, vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea, hypersalivation, seizures, and weakness.
BROWN,Dogs 2-10lbs. 6 Month Supply
GREEN,Dogs 11-25lbs / Cats 1.5-6lbs. 6 Month Supply
YELLOW,Dogs 26-50lbs / Cats 6.1-12lbs. 6 Month Supply
WHITE,Dogs 51-100lbs / Cats 12.1-25lbs. 6 Month Supply
BROWN, Dogs 2-10 lbs. 12 Month Supply
GREEN, Dogs 11-25lbs / Cats 1.5-6lbs. 12 Month Supply
YELLOW, Dogs 26-50lbs / Cats 6.1-12lbs. 12 Month Supply
WHITE, Dogs 51-100lbs / Cats 12.1-25lbs. 12 Month Supply
Dogs and pups 4 weeks and older
Weight / Dosage:
- 2-10 Lbs / 1 Flavor Tab monthly (Brown Box)
- 11-25 Lbs / 1 Flavor Tab monthly (Green Box)
- 26-50 Lbs / 1 Flavor Tab monthly (Yellow Box)
- 51-100 Lbs / 1 Flavor Tab monthly (White Box)
- Over 100 Lbs / Give combination of Flavor Tabs based on weight
Cats and kittens 6 weeks and olderWeight / Dosage:
- 6.1-12 Lbs / 1 Flavor Tab monthly (Yellow Box)
- 12.1-25 / 1 Flavor Tab monthly (White Box)
- Over 25 pounds / Give combination of Flavor Tabs based on weight
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by 129
Rated 5 out of 5 by clover Whipworm remedy
I was a little concerned that my dog would be OK on Interceptor because she's been on a different heart worm med for years now and because when she was a puppy she had heart worm. The reason for the switch was because Abby had/has whip worms and her vet thought it would be better for her to be on Interceptor year-round because whip worms are hard to get rid of. She seems to do well on the meds, but the true test will come after her 2 month appointment in early August. I'm optimistic.
July 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 Interceptor
We have used this since my Aussie has been a puppy with no complcations at all.
January 28, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 Ozzy's Grandma
Our daughter has a very spoiled and loved Jack Russell Terrier and he just loves these. He gets his once a month treat and we have no problem getting him to take this.
June 20, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 Support your local vets!
I support my vet and will by my precriptions there. If this online pharmacy trend continues, you're all going to put your vets out of business! Then who's going to write the Rx?!?
May 7, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 Interceptors
I have been using interceptors for years now. They work so much better then heart guard, is what my vet told me. I usually buy pill pockets to put the pills in to give to my dogs.
May 6, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 No great deal
My vet charged me the same price so no big price savings for me!
April 22, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 Dogs are special friends!
Vet started giving this product to my dog two and half years ago, she suggested crushing it and putting in dab of peanut butter - works great
and he is a very healthy dog.
April 21, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 Per my Vet
We were giving our 1 year old Boxer/Border Collie mix Heartguard plus until her most recent yearly check up. The Vet stated that in order for Heartguard to fully work it had to be fully chewed, which MOST dogs do not do...With Interceptor, just swallowing it works as it dissolves into their bloodstream...My dog takes the pill with no other food necessary..No worms and a healthy puppy still!! Will buy on Petcarerx instead of vet as it is MUCH cheaper!!
April 17, 2011
Heartworm & Deworming
Interceptor is a monthly medication for your dog or cat that prevents and treats heartworm disease and the treats cases of whipworm, roundworm, and hookworm.
In stock! Order now!
based on 129
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price