At a Glance
Short acting oestrogen for the treatment of hormone-dependent urinary incontinence
Convenient, once-a-day dosing
Safely used worldwide for 12 years
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
For the treatment of hormone-responsive urinary incontinence due to sphincter mechanism incompetence in female dogs. The active ingredient in Incurin, estriol, is a naturally occurring, short-acting estrogen. Estriol can help restore estrogen levels in spayed dogs to support a dog’s natural processes for maintaining urethral tone for urinary control. It differs from most other estrogens because it binds with estrogen receptors for a short time.
The active ingredient in Incurin, estriol, is a naturally occurring, short-acting estrogen. Estriol can help restore estrogen levels in spayed dogs to support a dog’s natural processes for maintaining urethral tone for urinary control.
Side Effects and Warnings
Adverse reactions are rare. Of reported reactions, vulvar swelling, attractiveness to male dogs, gastrointestinal signs, and localized or generalized hormonal pattern alopecia were the most common observations.
1mg - 30 tablets
Store in cool, dry place.
Incurin is intended for once daily oral administration. There is no relationship between the size of the dog and the dose required, so a fixed mg/kg dose rate is not feasible.
Effectiveness is defined as no signs of incontinence for 7 consecutive days. An improvement will usually be noticed within a few days. However, adjustment of the initial dose will often be necessary, so at least 7 days should be allowed before judging the full effect of a certain dose rate.
The following dosing schedule is advised:
Initial dose: 1 tablet (1mg) per day for 7-14 days.
If treatment with 1mg daily is effective, try to reduce the dose to the minimum possible with 7 days treatment as follows:
½ tablet/day, then ½ tablet on alternate days
If treatment is ineffective at the lower doses, titrate back to the next lowest dose.
If treatment with 1mg daily is ineffective, increase the dose to 2mg daily for 7 days. (Maximum dose should not exceed 2mg/day). If effective, try reducing dose to 2mg on alternate days. However, if treatment with 2mg/day is ineffective, reassess case to confirm diagnosis, then consider supplementary therapy.
Treatment will continue for the remainder of the life of the dog.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4 out of 5 by 2
Rated 5 out of 5 by CarolS actually works
I wanted to give this a try for my 13 yr old Aussie as she's been exhibiting all the symptoms this product says it helps with. It took about two weeks, but I haven't seen her leave puddles on the floor any longer.
My only complaint is that it's expensive at almost $1/day if I decide to keep her on it. It would be much less expensive to put a towel on the floor where she lays, which I will probably do.
January 10, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dani0331 Not effective for a large breed dog
I like the ease of dispensing this product and the price was reasonable. Unfortunately, now after two weeks of giving the proper dosage to our 85lb Weimaraner/lab mix she is still wetting her bed at any time while she is relaxed. I don't think a 1mg pill is enough for a large breed dog.
October 8, 2013
Incurin Tablets - 1 mg
In stock! Order now!
Incurin Tablets - 1 mg
based on 2
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price