At a Glance
Hydroxyzine is effective in relieving hives, itching, and rashes
Works within 20-45 minutes and lasts 6-8 hours
Can be combined with other medications in cases of severe itching
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Hydroxyzine is an antihistamine used in dogs to treat atopic dermatitis, used in cats with symmetrical alopecia of an allergic origin, miliary dermatitis and eosinophilic granuloma complex. It is helpful for relief of itching and usually works within 20-45 minutes. Hydorxyzine can be combined with other medications such as corticosteroid in cases of severe itching.
Dosages for Hydroxyzine vary depending on the type and size of the animal so always be sure to administer the proper dosage. See directions below and your package instructions for details; always follow your veterinarian's prescribed dosage if it differs from the standard dosage recommendations.
Active Ingredient: Hydroxyzine.
Other Ingredients: Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Crospovidone, dibasic calcium phosphate anhydrous, Lactose Monohydrate, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium starch glycolate and Opadry white (Titanium dioxide, Hypromellose 3cP, Hypromellose 6cP, PEG 400 and Polysorbate 80)
Medication GuideAbout Hydroxyzine Capsules for Allergies in Pets
Side Effects and Warnings
Hydroxyzine is well tolerated by most animals. In some cases animals may experience minor side effects from Hydroxyzine such as dizziness, drowsiness, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision or dry mouth.
Talk to your veterinarian about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome to your pet.
If your animal has an allergic reaction such as hives, difficulty breathing or abnormal swelling, seek immediate emergency care services.
Hydroxyzine should be used with caution in animals on medications for glaucoma, heart problems, prostatic hypertrophy, and bladder-neck obstructions.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
50mg per tablet
25mg per tablet
10mg per tablet
100mg per capsule
50mg per capsule
25mg per capsule
Hydroxyzine HCl tablets are available by prescription and used by veterinarians for the treatment of allergies in dogs, cats, and horses. Typical dose is 1mg per pound in dogs every 6 to 8 hours, for cats 5 to 10 mg per cat every 8 to 12 hours. Always follow the prescribed amount given by your veterinarian. Hydroxyzine HCl may cause drowsiness or dizziness.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hildi1 Prescribed by specialist to control itching on my dog.
I've used this med for itching on my mini schnauzer. Vet prescribed it and it helps a great deal along with weekly bath, right diet and topical sprays as needed.
May 10, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by gardengirl The capsules are a better value than tablets
The capsules are much cheaper but we do have to break them open and spread on our pet's food. We are not sure if he would eat it in the capsule form. It is tasteless so it doesn't change the flavor of his food. Good value
November 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ambiedurham Works for me!
This really helps with my dogs allergy itchiness.He cannot seem to stop itching when we touch him unless he is on this
August 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 better than what he had been taking
My golden was switched over to hydroxyzine about a year ago when the other drug he was taking was too hard to get. This works just as well if not better and has less side affects. So I'm sure he is happier!!!
September 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 Help Minnie
Your medicine and service will help keep my pet happy and healthy
June 7, 2008
Does your pet have allergies? Does he suffer from sneezing, itching and other allergy symptoms? Hydroxyzine, an antihistamine for cats and dogs, effectively targets histamines, helping to suppress allergy symptoms. Help reduce your pet's allergy-related nausea and anxiety with Hydroxyzine.
In stock! Order now!
based on 5
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price