At a Glance
Effective treatment against heartworm for cats
Safe and effective, Heartgard is approved by the FDA
Once-a-month beef-flavored chewable
Heartgard for Cats
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Heartgard for Cats
Cats can get heartworm too, and it can be just as serious when they do. Heartgard for Cats promises to prevent heartworm from developing inside your cat by killing off any existing parasites and safeguarding them against any future infections by blocking them in the tissue stage. A tasty, beef-flavored, chewable tablet, Heartgard for Cats is simple to administer and its effects last for up to a month. Also, you can sleep soundly knowing that Heartgard is backed by the FDA. Get your cat on Heartgard today.
Side Effects and Warnings
Keep out of reach of children.
Heartgard is well tolerated by most cats. However, if the recommended dose is exceeded, it may cause tremors, disorientation, dilated pupils, blindness, and loss of appetite in your pet. In rare overdose cases, death occurs.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
Up to 5 lbs, 6 Chewable Tabs
5-15 lbs., 6 Chewable Tabs
Up to 5 lbs - 12 Chewable Tabs
5-15 lbs, 12 Chewable Tablets
Store at room temperature.
Heartgard for Cats should be administered once a month, year-round. It is available in flavored or unflavored chewable tablets that should not be swallowed whole (soft chews are easily broken into multiple pieces).
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 13
Rated 3 out of 5 by stormyfran I t works I assume but...
My cat who eats all treats would not eat this..I had to wrap it in a pill pocket and she still ate the pill pocket and spit out the heart guard...after crumbling the med in tiny pieces i was able to get in down her but not easily..
April 23, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by HeatherHC Love this product
Our cat developed a skin allergy to many topical flea/heartworm treatments but he LOVES the taste of the Heartguard for Cats. Since there isn't a cure or treatment for cats with heartworms, we will continue to use Heartguard to make sure he doesn't get heartworms.
February 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by patti52tru Heartguard is a great product.
I have been a PetCare Rx customer for many years.
Because of the unavailability of the meds at my vet, I have used your company for Heartguard for my cat for many years.
However, recently, my cat's medication was transferred to another pharmacy. The customer service is great, but I had many charges for a PetPlus subscription that I did not order, and was charged three times in September. This has been remedied, but now I will seek an alternate supplier for my cat's medication because of auto ship and duplicate orders for the PetPlus discount option.
September 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maggieshuman Tasty and effective
The Cat loves the flavor, and no heartworm problems.
March 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SanAntonioPetOwner My Cats Like Heartgard
They happily eat their monthly pill after I shred it up into tiny bite size bits.
October 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by peakbagger Easy to administer
My kitty is picky (like many) but chews these right up. I assume they are effective since all my cats have used them and I've never had an issue w/heartworm.
July 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Heartgard for Cats
My "picky eater" loves this, thinks it's a treat. Cannot buy locally so was delighted to find it here -- service is great!
August 5, 2012
Heartworm & Deworming
Heartgard for Cats
Heartgard will help keep your cat safe from the scourge of heartworm. For an entire month after taking a tablet, your cat will be totally impervious to any threat of heartworm. Protect your cat today with Heartgard.
In stock! Order now!
Heartgard for Cats
based on 13
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price