At a Glance
Helps manage chronic pain
Can be used for pets with cancer or arthritis
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
When your pet is in pain, you want to help control it. Talk to your veterinarian about Gabapentin. It's a medication for dogs and cats that can be used to treat the chronic pain associated with cancer and arthritis. It can also help prevent or control seizures. Gabapentin stabilizes the electrical activity in the brain that can lead to seizures and injury. Gabapentin is the generic alternative to Neurontin.
Side Effects and Warnings
Should not be used in animals allergic to it. Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals. Use with caution in animals with kidney disease. Do not give antacids within 2 hours of giving gabapentin. Consult your veterinarian before giving any narcotic such as hydrocodone or morphine since drug interactions can occur.
If any of the following serious side effects occur, stop giving gabapentin and seek emergency veterinary medical attention; an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; swelling of the lips; tongue or face; hives). Side effects that can occur in dogs and cats may include drowsiness, loss of balance, swelling of the limbs, and vomiting or diarrhea. Talk to your veterinarian about any side effect that seems unusual or bothersome to the animal.
100 mg per Capsule
Should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and light.
Do not give antacids within 2 hours of giving this medication.
Dogs/Puppies (All weights):
For seizures: 4.5 mg-13.5 mg per pound every 8-12 hours
For pain: 1.4 mg per pound once a day
Cats/Kittens (All weights):
For seizures: 2.3 mg per pound 3 times a day
For pain: 1.4 mg per pound once a day
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1
Rated 5 out of 5
by Mona Works very well for bone cancer pain
Works very well for bone cancer pain in my old gal dog. She was almost incapacitated, but now has lived quite happily for 3 times the length of time she was estimated to last. I also like that I see no side effects. She eats well and does not walk around in a "drunken" affectation.... she is almost her old self. I know it is not a cure, but it allows me to give her a little longer time with quality.
November 24, 2014
Arthritis & Pain
In stock! Order now!
based on 1
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price