At a Glance
Stops coprophagy (stool eating)
Highly effective non-prescription OTC product
Completely safe and quick acting
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
For-Bid is an edible protein product that, when mixed with your dogs food, will help deter your pet from eating his own stool. This behavior is called "coprophagy", which literally means the consumption of feces. Using this product will impart a forbidden and unpalatable taste to the feces and will deter this habit. You can use this product safely without any side effects, and it is highly effective. Some cases may require a dosage adjustment for the best results.
For-Bid is a highly purified, crystalline edible protein fraction that has huge training benefits. For-Bid is not an enzyme mixture that will alter your pets normal digestive process. It works in the digestive system to give stools a bad taste, and there are virtually no adverse reactions.
Contains wheat gluten and monosodium glutamate
Side Effects and Warnings
No known side effects.
8g / 1 pack
While administering for-bid, do take care not to over feed your pet. Also try out a new diet with a range of B complex vitamins as well as minerals. The ideal suggested dosage is 1/4 package twice a day for dogs weighing 3-20lbs. Dogs: 20-100lbs can be fed 1/2 package twice a day. For-bid usually shows immediate results within first two days. However it is advised to use for 5-6 days. This will usually curb coprophagy for months, often permanently.
In cats, the suggested dosage is 1/4 package per day for 4-5 days. In case the symptoms recurs, again after initial dosage, 1 gram per day (package contains 8 grams) for 2-3 weeks should be administered as necessary.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
- Kills fleas and ticks within 12 hours
- Kills flea eggs, pupae, larvae, and adults for 30 days
- Kills and protects against mosquitoes, which are the primary cause of heartworm
- Protect your dog from a variety of disease carrying ticks
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5 out of 5 It Works if you keep using it
I used this with my puppy and it worked well...until I stopped using it. Talked to my vet and she said there was no harm in using it forever, if necessary. My vet chatges $5 a pack so this is the place to go to for it.
January 24, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 Didn't Work at all
Tried this product and followed the directions. When it didn't seem to be working I went up to 1 full packet a day for our approx. 10 pound puppy.
March 15, 2010
Rated 2 out of 5 Didn't work...
I tried this with my 2 dogs, but it was not something they liked on their food! They refused to eat until they were starving , then it was hard to tell if I was giving them the correct amount. Also, I ordered 2 packages, not knowing how much to order and it ran out within 2 weeks. If I were to re-do, I'd order 6 packets and then hope that it'd come with pre-measured servings. Just didn't work for us.
May 16, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 Stops the Problem
We used this for a week or two and noticed that the problem went away. Would recommend to eliminate this embarrassing problem.
March 27, 2007
Rated 5 out of 5 Forbid Works when used correctly!
We bought a 6-month old pet shop dog who refuses to stop eating her poop! The ONLY thing we could get to work was ForBid. I tried the natural fruits..this made her eat more. I tried giving only half a packet, this does not work! Now that I found this here for $1.39 instead of at my vet for $6.00 a packet, I will have her live on this for 6 months more to see if we can get her out of the habit.
January 23, 2005
Behavior & Anxiety Management
For-Bid is a highly effective edible product that stops pets from eating their own stools. It imparts a forbidden and unpalatable taste to the feces. For-Bid is easy to use by simply sprinkling on your dogâ€™s food.
In stock! Order now!
based on 5
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price