At a Glance
For the management of pain and inflammation cause by osteoarthritis
For dogs over 11 lbs. and 12 months of age
Reduces fever and joint stiffness
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Getting older doesn't have to mean slowing down, for you or your pet. If your dog is suffering from pain and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis, ask your veterinarian about Etodolac. Etodolac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in your pet's body. It relieves joint stiffness and reduces fever, so your dog can feel his best.
Etodolac is the Generic Alternative to Lodine.
Side Effects and Warnings
Seek emergency veterinary medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medication. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, drowsiness, black or bloody stools, coughing up blood, shallow breathing, fainting or coma.
Tell your veterinarian if your pet is using any of the following medications; Coumadin (warfarin); Lasix (furosemide); prednisone or other steroids; aspirin or other NSAIDs such as Metacam (Meloxicam)Feldene (piroxicam), Rimadyl (Carprofen), Deramaxx (deracoxib); Enacard (enalapril), Lotensin (benazapril), Prinivil (lisinopril). There may be other drugs not listed in this guide that may affect etodolac. Tell your veterinarian about all prescription and non-prescription (OTC) medications, including vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other veterinarians. Do not start using a new medication without telling your veterinarian.
Etodolac should not be used in cats, pregnant or nursing animals. Etodolac can increase the risk of serious effects of the stomach and intestines, including bleeding or perforation. At the first sign of anything abnormal, stop using Etodolac and call your veterinarian.
Generic version of EtoGesic (Fort Dodge), Lodine (Wyeth-Ayerst)
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Do not give to dogs that weigh less than 11 lbs. or under 12 months of age. Do not use larger amounts or use for longer than recommended by your veterinarian. Your veterinarian may want to perform blood tests on a regular basis to make sure the medication is not causing harmful effects.
Dogs/Puppies: (over 12 months of age and 11 lbs. and over) Usual dose is 4.5-6.8mg per pound of pet’s body weight once daily or as directed by veterinarian.*
* Do not exceed a maximum dose of 6.8mg/lb of pet’s body weight daily.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Arthritis & Pain
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price