At a Glance
Helps support normal function and health of kidneys
Compatible with any renal care diet or treatement
Easy and convenient to use
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Epakitin is a chitosan, calcium carbonate, lactose and hydrolyzed soy protein based nutritional supplement/food supplement. Chitosan is a natural polysaccharide extracted from crab and shrimp shells. Lactose and hydrolyzed soy provide protein and carbohydrates. All ingredients are listed in the American Association of Feed Control Officials as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe).
Lactose, Calcium carbonate, Chitosan, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein
Side Effects and Warnings
No known side effects. Allow free access to fresh water while using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
Store this product in a cool dry place.
Give 1 gram per 11 lbs (5 kg) of body weight n the morning and the evening mixed with food. One level dosing spoon (provided) contains 1 gram of Epakitin. Allow free access to fresh water while using this product. Administration can be life long.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 2
Rated 4 out of 5 by Catlady72 Just Started Using this Product
I read all the reviews and info on Epakitan and it looks promising. My cat was just diagnosed with kidney disease. But, I wish it came either liquid or pill form, because my cat is very fussy about food and grazes all day, not eating in one "sitting". She stopped eating any food I sprinkled the medicine in. I am having a real problem getting her to eat her dose, twice a day. As to its effectiveness, time will tell, especially since I cannot get her to take her 2 full doses every day.
December 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Aimz Good product, good price.
I'm not sure exactly how effective it is, but it was recommended by Vet and apparently is the most widely used phosphorus binder. I appreciate how easy it is to give, just mix in with their food and most pets like the taste and will eat it just fine. We have used it for two cats with kidney disease with no problems. Price was much cheaper here than from our Vet.
July 29, 2013
In stock! Order now!
based on 2
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price