At a Glance
Effective for treating allergies and inflammation
Decreases swelling and pain caused by inflammatory conditions
Can be used to treat various cancers and other disorders
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Inflammation is the cause of a lot of problems for our pets. Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of myositis, arthritis, dermatitis, allergies and supportive therapy in all animals. It can be used to treat various cancers, respiratory diseases, liver disorders, gastrointestinal diseases, and skin disorders.
Dexamethasone is an effective glucocorticoid, a hormone related to cortisone. It suppresses the immune system, reduces inflammation throughout the body, but the effects on nervous system are limited.
Side Effects and Warnings
May retard growth to young animals. Can cause dull coat, weight gain, panting, vomiting, diarrhea, elevated liver enzymes, pancreatitis, gastrointestinal ulcers, depression, lethargy and viciousness.
Do not give dexamethasone if your pet is also being given an NSAID such as aspirin or carprofen (Rimadyl), and others. Do not administer this medication in the presence of a systemic fungal infection. Do not administer any live virus vaccines.
Side effects of dexamethasone may include changes in appetite, increased thirst and urination, drowsiness, and hyperglycemia. Long term use may cause symptoms of adrenal insufficiency, impaired wound healing, and muscle loss and weakness. Continue the medication and talk to your veterinarian about any side effect that seems unusual or bothersome to your pet.
8 fl oz
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Arthritis & Pain
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price