At a Glance
For the treatment of many symptoms including allergies, loss of appetite, and increased serotonin production associated with Cushing’s disease
Also works as an anti-serotonin agent.
Especially useful in cats undergoing chemotherapy
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Cyproheptadine is an antihistamine that is commonly used in pets for the treatment of many symptoms including allergies, loss of appetite, and increased serotonin production associated with Cushing’s disease. It does not treat the underlying problems causing these symptoms.
Along with it’s antihistamine effects, Cyproheptadine also works as an anti-serotonin agent. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter in the brain, and when it is suppressed, it leads to an increase in appetite. This is especially useful in cats undergoing chemotherapy, as they tend to lose their appetite. Diseases such as Cushing’s lead to an increase in serotonin, so cyproheptadine may be used to reduce serotonin levels.
Side Effects and Warnings
Increased appetite, sedation and dry eyes and mouth,excitability, seizures, lethargy, coma, increased heart rate, increased appetite or fever.
Use caution when administering this drug to pets with heart failure or bladder disorders.
Keep out of reach of children. It is not known if cyproheptadine is excreted in milk. Cyproheptadine should be used in pregnant or lactating animals with caution.
4mg per tablet
Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Effective in fighting hyperthyroidism, or Graves disease
- Reduces overall thyroid hormone levels
- Comes in tablet form and taken orally
- Effectively treats infections in dogs and cats
- Quickly absorbs into your pet’s body in less than an hour
- Low incidence of side effects
- Assists breathing in specific airway diseases
- Relaxes the airways making breathing easier
- Generic for Brethine
Arthritis & Pain
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price