At a Glance
Helps treat skin infections & allergies in dogs & cats
Approved by the FDA
Less invasive and less expensive than a shot
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Nearly every breed of dog will have a skin allergy in their life time, but those allergies can easily be controlled or even prevented. Cyclosporine (Modified) helps to treat the skin disease atopic dermatitis found in dogs, which can cause skin allergies and hair loss, as well as heavy scratching and licking. The medicine is FDA-approved and is a safe treatment for skin allergies even in dogs as young as six months old. It is also sometimes prescribed by veterinarians for treatments in cats.
Cyclosporine (Modified) is an immunomodulator that works on the cells that causes allergic reactions in dogs. This oral capsule can easily be dispensed in wet food or hidden in a dog treat. Instead of taking your dog to get a steroid shot, Cyclosporine (Modified) is a less intrusive and less expensive option, and is just as effective.
Cyclosporine USP - 25, 50, or 100 mg
Dehydrated Alcohol 18.6%, dl-alpha-tocopherol, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, ferric oxide (yellow), gelatin, glycine, glycerol 85%, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, polyglycerol (3) oleate, polyglycerol (10) oleate, sorbitol solution, titanium dioxide
Side Effects and Warnings
Please consult your veterinarian for side effects or any drug interactions.
25mg - 30 capsules
50mg - 30 capsules
100mg - 30 capsules
Store at room temperature. Some variation in the color of the powder may occur from batch to batch.
Dogs/Puppies: (6 months and older over 4 lbs.)
Give 2.5mg per pound of body weight. The medication is usually given once a day to start until satisfactory improvement is seen, usually 4-8 weeks. The medication can then be given every other day until the clinical signs of atopic dermatitis are satisfactorily controlled, then the medication can be given every 3 or 4 days. Always give 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Allow plenty of water for the pet to drink.
Cats/Kittens:(6 months and older over 4 lbs.)
Give 2.3-3.1mg per pound of body weight. The medication is usually given once a day to start until satisfactory improvement is seen, usually 4-8 weeks. The medication can then be given every other day until the clinical signs of atopic dermatitis are satisfactorily controlled, then the medication can be given every 3 or 4 days. Always give 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Allow plenty of water for the pet to drink
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 3
Rated 5 out of 5 by irma26 great substitute for atopica
has worked well for our sheltie ,her immune system was deficient and brought her back to her normal playful self.
April 9, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Indiana Generic medicine
Cyclosporine has helped our dog maintain his functions without any side effects and being the generic version of Atopica it's much more affordable
February 13, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Reese Atopica the Brand name works better
Have been using Cyclosporine (modified) for the past several months. I noticed my dog is scratching again and licking his paws, which is an indication that is is not working as well as the Atopica which is the brand name and not modified. Both products are extremely expensive. Atopica more so, and that is why I was using Cyclosporine, but will have to go back to Atopica, which is really expensive.
May 4, 2014
When your dog's allergies flare up, keep them under control with Cyclosporine (Modified). Cyclosporine (Modified) will soothe the infected skin, and help stop your dog from excessively scratching and licking at his skin.
In stock! Order now!
based on 3
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price