At a Glance
Treats and prevents ulcers
Can be used as an antihistamine
Manages acid reflux
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Cimetidine is a supplement used for dogs and cats to treat and prevent certain inflammations in the stomach lining such as ulcers, acid reflux, and gastritis. It can also be used as an antihistamine by blocking the neurotransmitter histamine, which is the trigger for inflammatory responses. Cimetidine is used to treat inflammation in the abomasal, the gastric as well as the duodenal ulcers. The supplement can also be used in the treatment of gastritis and acid reflux as it protects the esophagus from inflammations.
Another use for this great supplement is the management of inflammations in the stomach lining after kidney failure. Finally, mast cell tumors can also be prevented with the use of this product because it behaves like an antihistamine. Cimetidine is a great solution for the treatment of numerous gastric inflammations for your dog or cat.
Cimetidine is the generic alternative to Ranitidine.
Side Effects and Warnings
Adverse effects appear to be very rare in animals at the dosages generally used. May alter the metabolic rates of certain dogs.
Cimetidine should be used with caution in geriatric animals, or those with blood abnormalities or liver or kidney disease. If your pet displays increased heart rate or has difficulty breathing after being administered Cimetidine, consult a veterinarian immediately.
300mg per tablet
400mg per tablet
200mg per tablet
300MG/2ml, 8ml, Injection
300MG/5ml, 8oz, Oral Solution
Store in a tight, light-resistant, childproof container at room temperature. Do not refrigerate the injectable product as precipitation may occur.
Use as directed by a veterinarian. In most cases, dosage is 3-5 mg/lb every 6-8 hours, administered orally.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- For the treatment of many symptoms including allergies, loss of appetite, and increased serotonin production associated with Cushing’s disease
- Also works as an anti-serotonin agent.
- Especially useful in cats undergoing chemotherapy
- Quickly and naturally soothes painful, itchy skin
- Made without alcohol for a no-sting application
- Contains tea tree oil, aloe vera, and chamomile to calm and heal the skin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drug (NSAID) used for the treatment of inflammation
- Typically prescribed to pets with joint disease, fevers, and minor aches
- Effective in the treatment of cancer, especially bladder cancer
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1
Rated 5 out of 5 Digestive tract no longer causes discomfort
This is the only medicine tried for the dogs discomfort but it works so well!
November 26, 2007
Cimetidine is a supplement used for dogs and cats to treat various inflammations in the digestive track such as ulcers, gastritis and acid reflux. Cimetidine can also be used as an antihistamine in the prevention of cell tumors.
In stock! Order now!
based on 1
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price