At a Glance
Cephalexin treats a wide range of bacterial infections
Minimal side effects
May be given with or without food
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
When your pet is feeling under the weather, sometimes rest just doesn’t do the trick. Cephalexin for dogs and cats is a safe and effective antibiotic used to combat a wide range of bacterial infections from dermal to urinary. It is also quite effective against common bone and joint infections. Cephalexin is especially useful for staphylococcal or deep skin infections. While Cephalexin for dogs and cats is often prescribed to combat common bacteria found in cats and dogs, it can also be used to fight off infections in humans.
Cephalexin for dogs and cats is the generic alternative to Keflex.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects of Cephalexin for dogs and cats rarely occur, but may include loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, rapid breathing, excitability and fever in cats. Animals with allergies to penicillin or cephalosporins should not use this drug, and may exhibit itching, rash, difficulty breathing, or more serious symptoms if they do so. Use Cephalexin with caution in pregnant and nursing animals.
250mg per tablet
500mg per tablet
250mg per capsule
500mg per capsule
Store Cephalexin at room temperature away from moisture or heat.
Use as directed by a veterinarian. In typical cases, dosage is 10-15 mg/lb, administered orally twice a day for both cats and dogs. Cephalexin can be taken with or without food and be sure to complete the full course of treatment in order to prevent relapse. Do not use Cephalexin for dogs and cats to treat fungal or viral infections, or those caused by parasites and mites.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4 out of 5 by 2
Rated 3 out of 5 These pills are okay.
I got these pills from my vet several different times. And everytime I would give these to her she would vomit so much. Because one time she had pimples all over her chin he said it was a staph infection. And I had to stop giving them to her. Then she got scrathced on the nose and she ripped it open and that time he gave me these orange pills that was $ 30.00 for 10 pills. She puked at first but then they was helping her. And now she cut her paw and I had some left over of these cephalexin I been giving them to her so she don't get a infection in her paw. And she has not puked once. So I guess these pills are okay for certain dogs. Mine is a rottweiler/german shepherd.
December 23, 2008
Rated 5 out of 5 Good for skin infections
My bull terrier has used this product for her skin infections and it's worked well.*This is a prescription item
February 19, 2005
Cephalexin for Dogs and Cats
A broad range antibiotic, Cephalexin is used to treat many common bacterial infections such as urinary tract, skin and soft tissue, bone and respiratory tract infections in dogs and cats.
In stock! Order now!
Cephalexin for Dogs and Cats
based on 2
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price