Rated 5 out of 5 great product
Just a note to say these collars work really well. After removing more than 60 ticks from my dogs skin and having her treated for lyme disease, my vet recommended this collar. My dog has not had another tick attached to her skin since. Only downfall is they do jump on her fur and quickly back off again looking for another host.
August 5, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 excellent product
These collars really do work. First experience with ticks left me to remove 60 + ticks from my dogs skin. (upstate NY and yes the lyme disease is rampant. my dog was infected from those first 60 ticks and was treated for lyme disease.) Collars are amazing, I haven't found another tick under my dogs skin since. It does take a day or two for the active chemical to work properly. Beware - ticks will jump on the fur and quickly back off looking for something else to feed on. My vet has better prices than these.
July 26, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 What covers the other 3%?
My Bichon is on Vectra & the Preventic Collar I just got 3 days ago. Still finding live ticks on her. Both products say takes care of 97%. How do you get rid of the other 3%? I have had the house exterminated twice and the yard & wash everything possible in hot water & heat dried everything I couldn't wash. Both me & my poor dog have had it. I hope this collar helps. My Vet's office gave me Trifexis which started all of this telling me it was for heartworms, fleas, ticks & even allergies.. NOT SO!
May 29, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 Did not work for my dogs!
I have two lab mixes, both about 60 pounds, and I got these collars for we would go on hikes in the woods. I put the collars on before we left the house, we were only gone for about 30 minutes hiking, and when we got back I found at least 10 ticks on both dogs!!!! It took us all day to get rid of them and even noticed some the next day. We also use frontline to protect and this was to be added protection. Would have been better with out them.
May 25, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 great product
this really works. I have three labs in az and NOTHING stopped them! I sprayed,I bathed,I used the spot on ,collars,bombed the house ,even used organic products( powders,shampoos and diatimatous earth (sp ?) nothing worked! These collars not only worked but after awile the infestation around my lot went away.One point about the price.shop other sites i got 3 collars on another site for a few more bucks then these guys charge for 1
May 10, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 Really Works
My Yellow Lab would come back from the woods with 2-3 ticks everytime. This collar keeps them from attaching. Thank goodness she yellow or I would never see them!
I use to find them attached now I just find them moving slowly. Great product use along with Revolution (another great product).
February 4, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 Works great
We are two 25lb dogs that were getting ticks but once we got these collars we haven't had a problem since. We have used them for two years now
March 26, 2010
Rated 4 out of 5 Not Bad, But Not Perfect
These collars work pretty well, however they do not prevent ALL ticks from attaching and finding a nice warm home on our outdoor farm dogs. I recommend this product as it works better than topicals such as Frontline or Revolution (and is much more affordable, even when purchasing heartworm preventative separately) and successfully prevents infestation levels of ticks on the dogs. But don't be surprised to find a few ticks on occasion.
March 12, 2010