At a Glance
Effective against rashes and inflammatory skin conditions
Protects against pruritis
Protect your pet's skin & coat
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Betamethasone dipropionate is an adrenocorticosteroid hormone found to be effective in the treatment of itchy rashes and other inflammatory skin conditions in animals. This synthetic cortisone-like steroid is available in cream, gel, lotion as well as ointment forms and is most commonly used in the treatment of skin inflammations in cats and dogs. It is also used for the prevention of pruritus associated with dermatoses. Besides the anti inflammatory actions, it also possesses anti-pruritic and vasoconstructive actions. Betamethasone dipropionate effectively works to cure the skin disorders by depressing the formation, release and activity of various cells causing swelling, redness and itching on the skin.
Side Effects and Warnings
The following have been reported infrequently with the use of this cream: burning, itching, dryness, irritation, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation.
Itching, irritation, dryness and a burning sensation on the area of application are the commonly noted side effects. Sometimes it is also found to suppress the production of cortisol in the body.
Application of this medication is not prescribed in pregnant animals as it can induce fetal abnormalities. After applying this medication, do not cover the area of application with adhesive bandages or plastic wraps. It is also advised not to use this medication along with other dietary supplements, herbal preparations and non prescription medicines. Patients with past history of allergy to other corticosteroids should avoid using betamethasone dipropionate.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price