At a Glance
Effectively treats lesions caused by bacterial infections
Safe for dogs with sensitive skin and/or allergies
Easy to use pump spray
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Betagen Spray is a prescription topical anti-inflammatory treatment used on dogs suffering from superficial lesions caused by bacterial infections of the skin. This quick and easy medication helps treat and relieve hot spots, rashes, skin infections, and allergies. Betagen Spray is FDA-approved and safe for dogs with sensitive skin.
Each mL contains: gentamicin sulfate equivalent to 0.57 mg gentamicin base, betamethasone valerate equivalent to 0.284 mg betamethasone, 163 mg isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, methylparaben and propylparaben as preservatives, purified water q.s. Hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH.
Side Effects and Warnings
While serious side effects are not typical, extended use of Betagen Spray may result in the growth of organisms such as fungi and yeasts.
Following the use of synthetic corticosteroids, some animals experience increased thirst and urination, vomiting and diarrhea, and weight loss.
Talk to your veterinarian if you notice any unusual side effects.
Do not use Betagen Topical Spray if your dog has a viral or fungal infection.
Talk to your veterinarian if your dog is pregnant or lactating.
Consult with your veterinarian before using Betagen Spray if your dog is taking other antibiotic or corticosteroid medications. Talk to your veterinarian before administering any other medications while using Betagen Spray
- Your veterinarian will inform you of the number of sprays per day and the duration of treatment.
- The usual dose is 2 sprays 2-4 times a day for 7 days.
- Do not use Betagen Spray for more than 7 days unless advised by your veterinarian.
- Prior to treatment, remove excess hair and clean the lesion and surrounding area.
- To use, hold the spray bottle 3 to 6 inches from the affected area.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Helps relieve ear infections
- Treats both acute and chronic infections
- Safe and effective
- Kills fleas, and controls American Dog Tick infestations
- Once a month spot on to prevent internal and external parasites including heartworm
- Treats and controls ear mites and sarcoptic mange
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
In stock! Order now!
To get PetPlus no markup pricing on this item, please upgrade to the Treatment Plan, which includes prescriptions, vitamins and more!
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price