At a Glance
Treats autoimmune diseases by suppressing the pet's normal immunity
Treats Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Easy to administer tablet
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Sorry, this product is not currently available.
Azathioprine is an immunosuppressive drug normally used to treat autoimmune diseases. Specifically, it treats conditions involving the skin, blood, or multiple body systems. Azathioprine effectively treats hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, arthritis, chronic liver inflammation, inflammatory bowel diseases, and myasthenia gravis.
You will notice positive responses in your pet in about three to six weeks. If your pet suffers from one of these autoimmune conditions or from Inflammatory Bowel Disease, this medication will help keep your pet healthy. Rest easy knowing that with Azathioprine, you can care for your pet in exactly the way they need.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects of azathioprine include suppression of bone marrow which may cause anemia, pale gums, weakness, lethargy, bruising, and increased risk for infection due to decreased white blood cells. Other side effects may include vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, pancreatitis and jaundice.
50mg per tablet
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and light.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
Azathioprine should be given with food.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1
Rated 5 out of 5 my k9 has done very well with this product
My dog Irko, has been on this product for over a year now. He has Addisons disease and IBD. This drug has done its job for him.
Thanks*This is a prescription item
October 30, 2005
Arthritis & Pain
Azathioprine is a drug used to suppress the immune system in pets with autoimmune conditions. In dogs, Azathioprine is used to treat inflammatory bowel disease, immune-mediated anemia, colitis, skin disease, and Myasthenia Gravis.
based on 1
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price