It may not be your favorite part of cat parenting, but let’s face it, litter boxes are pretty important. So what do you need to have in mind when you buy a litter box?
Think about all those plans and dreams you have for renovating your bathroom -- that great new shower head, the heated floor tiles… We all know bathrooms are important, so why skimp on your cat’s?
Not only will a pleasant potty spot make your cat happier, you’ll likely see fewer accidents around the house. Everything will smell nicer. The list of pluses goes on and on.
That’s why we’ve pulled together the best in litter and accessories. Take a look, and your cat will thank you!
Your cats should have access to several litter boxes around your house. Most vets recommend a litter box for every cat, plus one. So if you have two cats, you’ll want to have three litter boxes set up. That’ll give each cat a chance of finding somewhere clean to go between scoopings.
Litter Pan Starter Kit
- Get all the essentials at once!
- Comes with a litter pan with a rim, litter scoop, disposbale liners
- Even comes with a bonus food and water bowl, and a bonus toy!
Deluxe Hooded Pan Set
- Comes with a zeolite filter to eliminate unpleasant smells
- Comes with a litter scoop in its own caddy, and replacement liners
- Latch-on hood
Booda Dome Clean Step Litter Box
- Designed for cleanliness as well as privacy
- This litter box is 99% odor free
- Built in ramp helps to keep litter from escaping on your cat's feet and tracking around your home
Omega Paw Roll 'n Clean Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Scoops waste into a tray to make your job easier!
- Hooded for reducing odors
Litter Pan with Rim
- Keep it simple with this rimmed pan
- The rim prevent litter from spilling over as your cat climbs in and out
Get the job done more efficiently with the right tools.
Handy Stand Litter Scoop
- Durable plastic scooper
- Comes with its own stand for easy and clean storage
Curvations Litter Scoop
- Rounded edges make it easier for you to follow the curves of the litter pan
- Ergonomically shaped handle
- Handle has a hanging hole for easy storage
Handguard Litter Scoop
- Built with a guard to keep waste and cat litter from spilling onto your hand
- Can be used on all litter types, including sand and clay
Litterpearls Premium Crystal Litter Scoop
- Specially designed for use with Litter Pearls Litter
- Lets the clean pearls back through into the litter pan to minimize wasteful scooping, and spending!
Does your kitty track litter over the house after a trip to the litter box? You can stop following them around with a dust pan and put one of these handy mats to use!
Omega Paw Clean Litter Mat
- Designed to remove litter from your cat's paws
- Easy to shake clean
- Cute cat face and paw design
a href="http://www.petcarerx.com/catalog/productdetails.aspx?pid=13465&k=litter-catcher-mat">Litter Catcher Mat
- Place outside your cat's pan to catch litter
- Easy to roll for storage or travel
Rubberized Litter Mat
- Festive and bright yellow color
- Easy to clean or carry
Litter Box Liners
What one simple thing can you do to make cleaning the litter box easier on yourself? Line the box with a liner, and you can just throw it away when you’re swapping litter or cleaning the box! No unpleasant scrubbing necessary.
Litter Pan Liners
- Package of 8 disposable liners
- Easy and sanitary to use
- Three convenient sizes
High Back Litter Pan Liners
- These liners have a drawstring so you can fit them right over the pan, and there won't be any gaps for litter or waste to escape
- Made of disposable plastic
- Makes litter cleanup a snap
Cleaner and Anti-Odor
Put the finishing touches on your cat’s perfect go spot by keeping up a cleaning regimen and using anti-odor sprays. Just a few moments to wipe, dust, spritz, or spray will have your cat’s bathroom – and your house – smelling squeaky clean.
Cat Litter Additive
- Extends the use of your litter by eliminating odors
- Special enzyme blend breaks down odor-causing molecules
- Odorless and won't deter your cat from using the box
- Completely flushable, so you can use it with all natural litters
Ourpets Smart Scoop Odor Control Spray
- Spray every 1-3 days directly onto the litter
- Natural enzymes destroy odor-causing molecules
- Safe for all animals and pets in the house
Basic Zeolite Filters
- Replace the filters in your litter box hood
- Filters air for odor control
Advanced Litter Box Odor Destroyer
- Eliminates the toughest cat odors in and around the litter box
- Especially useful for old or deep-set odors
More Buying Guides
19 Products that Clean Cat and Dog Teeth
Supplies for Keeping Your Outdoor Cat Safe and Healthy