The leash you put around your dog or cat should not be thought of as a restraint, but as a connection between you and your pet. It is a method of protection to keep them safe from harm and within your sight. With that in mind, finding the right leash for your dog or cat is an explorative process in which you must consider their comfort, their strength and size, and their habits, as well as where you go to walk and play.
Here is a list of 11 leashes that have unique features that have proven useful and comfortable for pets and pet owners. If you are less than satisfied with the features of your current leash, or if you want to try expanding the activities you share with your pet and are searching for a more accommodating leash, then choose something from the guide below. A leash is a path to exercise and bonding that will add happy years to your life and your pet’s.
Your dog loves to run free but it isn't always a good idea to give them total freedom. Keep them safe when it counts with a good leash.
Sporn Non-Pulling Mesh Harness Black
- This harness works to instantly stop your dog from pulling when leashed by discouraging their reflex to competitively pull back on the leash
- Sporn’s patented system “gives,” with your dog’s natural movements, achieving both comfort and control with elastic webbing
Bags On Board Retractable Leash
- A small retractable leash, perfect for a short walk or bathroom break
- The leash comes with a bag dispenser to pick up after your pet
- 12 bags are on each roll and the product comes with three refills (48 bags total)
Flexi Giant Belt Lead W/Black Handle 26Ft
- Extremely sturdy retractable leash with soft grip handle
- For particularly large & strong dogs (no weight limit)
- Maximum length of 26 feet
Cotton Web Leash
- A classic leash
- Durable, comfortable, 100% cotton webbing, effectively guiding even powerful dogs
- Preferred brand by professional trainers, used for obedience walking and general exercising
Nite Brite Reflecting Leash
- A reflective dog leash means walking your dog during the evening has never been safer
- Visible from 200 feet
- Braided reflective collar
Sporn Double Dog Coupler
- The coupler utilizes your existing leash and allows you to walk 2 dogs at once
- You have the option of walking two dogs close together, far apart, or walking dogs of different sizes
- The coupler features the patented Sporn Adjusti-Buckle™
Comfort Wrap Adjustable Harness 3/8"
- Adjustable slides in three locations allow you to fit your dog perfectly
- The snap-lock buckle and simple design of this harness make placing it on your dog quick and easy
- Two metal D-rings, which attach to the leash, make Comfort Wrap one of the strongest and safest adjustable harnesses available
Coastal Loops 2, 2-Handle Lead
- This lead is constructed with a 1" single ply web and features a second handle positioned close to the dog's collar
- The second handle eliminates the need to wrap the leash around your hand to shorten the lead
- Coastal's high quality nylon is specially processed to prevent fraying and increase the strength
Some cats are the sleep all day on the couch variety, while others aremuch more active. Don't think that you get out of taking your furry friend for a walk just because cat walking isn't as common. Many cats appreciate a good walk, and a good leash for that matter, so here are a few of the best.
Flexi Retractable Cord Leash for Cats
- A retractable cord 10 foot cord leash
- Perfect for use with cats up to 18 lbs.
Coastal Size Right Adjustable Harness for Cats
- This figure-8 harness eliminates the possibility of choking your cat as a collar might
- With a sleek design that comes in 6 colors
Coastal Adjustable Cat Harness
- This one-size-fits-all harness is an ideal pet care product to ensure safety and control of your pet
- The H-shaped harness easily adjusts to comfortably and securely fit any size cat
- It also features Quick Release Tuff plastic buckles that are durable
More Buying Guides
23 Great Products for cats and Dogs with Arthritis
19 Products That Clean Cat and Dog Teeth
Skin and Coat Care: A Pet Parent's Guide