At a Glance
Prescription medication that treats many forms of dermatitis, including eczema
Works as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory ointment
For use with both dogs and cats
It’s been said that beauty is only skin deep, but when your skin is irritated, itchy and flaking, beauty is the least of your concerns. Give your pet the epidermal relief it so desperately needs with Animax Ointment. Animax Ointment, a generic for Panalog, is a prescription medication used to help treat outbreaks of many forms of dermatitis, including eczema. It works as an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory ointment for both dogs and cats.
This topical cream also reduces itching during inflammation, which minimizes scratching, allowing Animax Ointment to work its healing magic faster. When used as directed, the cream becomes a treatment that can provide relief from otitis, inter-digital cysts, allergic skin reactions in animals and anal gland infections in dogs.
Genetic alternative to Animax Ointment is Triamcinolone.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects include great thirst, increased urination, vomiting and diarrhea. If weight gain occurs, this may indicate that the medicinal steroids have been absorbed and should be reported to a veterinarian. If hearing loss occurs when used in otitis management, treatment should be discontinued immediately. Cushing’s Syndrome is associated with extended steroid therapy as well. Serious side effects can occur if used during pregnancy.
Store at room temperature; avoid excessive heat (104°F).
To apply, clean the affected area and spread the ointment thinly. Wash your hands thoroughly after administering the cream or wear gloves during application. To administer to the ears, first make sure that the ear canal is clean and clear of foreign objects, and then apply 3-5 drops of Animax Ointment.
Follow dosage recommendations as prescribed by your veterinarian, as the severity of your pets skin condition will dictate different medication amounts. Always drain infected glands or cysts before applying Animax ointment.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Animax Ointment is used to help manage dermatitis and other skin disorders in dogs and cats. Animax Ointment contains ingredients that help soothe itching, which allows faster healing because there is less scratching.
based on 9
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price