At a Glance
Repairs and strengthens torn cartilage
Effective in treating joint pain due to arthritis
Once injected, medicine starts to work within hours
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
Arthritis is a common and incredibly frustrating disease for aging dogs. Adequan Canine is used to provide relief by controlling symptoms associated with degenerative or traumatic arthritis. This drug must be injected intramuscularly to ensure it reaches the critical parts of the joint. Once administered, it goes to work in about two hours, and for roughly three days, Adequan Canine will reduce inflammation and increasing the thickness of joint fluid.
Adequan Canine helps maintain cartilage density and ensure that joints are healthy. If your dog is suffering from joint pain due to arthritis, administering this medicine should result in signs of improvement within four weeks.
Each mL contains: 100 mg PSGAG, 0.9% v/v benzyl alcohol as a preservative and Water for Injection q.s. to 1 ML. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid added when necessary to adjust pH.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects rarely occur following an intramuscular injection, but stop use and alert your veterinarian if you sense your dog is having an allergic reaction to the medicine (symptoms include facial swelling, intense scratching, bleeding from the nose, blood in stools and more).
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
100 mg/mL 2 x 5mL Vials
Store in a cool, dry place.
Adequan Canine should be administered two times a week for four weeks. This medicine is injected intramuscularly to ensure it reaches the critical parts of the joint. It goes to work in the joint in about two hours and stays in the joint for about three days. You should see signs of improvement within four weeks.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Arthritis & Pain
Adequan Canine is a prescription medicine for dogs injected intramuscularly that is safe and effective in preventing cartilage in your dog's joints from wearing away. Easy to use, it helps keeps your pet's joints healthy.
In stock! Order now!
based on 10
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price